Worship is pretty much back to normal – people are taking there own views on mask wearing and are continuing to be respectful to others. We are however, continuing to leave space between rows of people and ensuring the building is well ventilated. We encourage the continued use of hand sanitiser etc.
During the main phase of the pandemic we grew to recognise the benefit of the zoom services for those that are housebound or because of other commitments cannot always make the Sunday morning service. Consequently we are introducing a short zoom service on the last Sunday of each month at 9.00am for about 30mins. It will be in addition to the normal ‘in-church’ service.
It will be based around the set service provided by the Methodist Church for worship at home but will not feature singing/music. It will concentrate on readings from the bible, prayers for ourselves and others and a short reflection. Everyone or anyone is welcome to join us. Contact the church via email if you would like a link.
There has been no change in the Government advice with regards to worship (there is no formal requirement for people to wear masks in church). However, since September the Methodist Church has been encouraging local congregations to continue to wear masks in worship for the sake of others who are gathered. Please wear masks whilst moving about the church and when in close proximity to others. Thank you.
Coronavirus Update: Our aim is to continue to provide a safe environment for our congregation and visitors, so while we have began to relax rules from 19th July, we will continue to adopt measures to ensure everyone feels comfortable stepping out of their homes and into church. We have therefore decided to put in place these safety measures:
1. People are requested to keep safe spacing, using sanitizer and wearing mask whilst entering, leaving and moving around the building. Names of attendees will be noted for track and trace purposes (but not phone numbers unless church visitor).
2. Masks may be removed once in the pews but please be sensitive to others around you. If they would be more comfortable with you wearing a mask please do so. Please restrict moving around in church.
3. For the time being, please wear a mask when singing, especially if there are other people close to you. (But yes, you can sing!)
4. Wherever possible keep at least 1-2m between people.
5. We will keep ventilation open.
6. We will continue with covid secure Holy Communion
7. Keep away from church if you feel unwell.
8. Please clean down toilet and sink after use with the materials provided
How we may safely provide Coffee and refreshments after service will be reviewed so all people feel safe and hopefully re-introduced from September. In the meantime we will continue alternating between ‘in church’ and zoom services each Sunday until the end of August then from the first Sunday in September we will be in church each week but reserving the last Sunday in the month for a Zoom service. Thank you for your continued patience. We look forward to welcoming friends old and new to Trinity.